They say that enjoyment without responsibility is a godsend boon. And sure, whenever you prepare a big soiree or lunch party in your home, you are always left to the dirty dishes in the sink at the end of it. Well, no more. It is a better option to go enjoy your dinners, lunches or breakfasts in a restaurant, and be it with your friends or family, you will always end up having a very good time.
When you have kids, it helps to break the monotony of daily life by going out together for a unique dining experience. Not only will you feel different, but your family will to get a break from their work. Your kids will have more fun, since they really love to go out and play.
But having kids in a restaurant can be an embarrassing experience sometimes. They are restless, careless and too preoccupied blasting aliens away so as to stay still and not cause mayhem. The restaurant is a very busy place. There are people rushing around with expensive crockery, food and drinks. There is a lot of danger involved in letting your kid go wild. So how can you have a good time while keeping your kids out of trouble? Well, here are a few tips to follow:
- There is no need to catch your kid in a bad mood, haul him to a restaurant to change his mind about something, and get disapproving looks from other guests. The point is, if your kid decides to sulk, there is little you can do to change it. Do not get him to any public place. He may shriek and cry.
- It is always a great idea to keep your kid busy. If you have a girl, bring some Barbies with you so that she could play with them in the restaurant. Some “family friendly” restaurants offer toys, but you never know whether they have been properly cleaned. It is better to take your own toys with you.
- Remember that restaurants are not playgrounds. There is never enough space to move around in. so do not let your child play with remote controlled cars or balls. They would spell disaster. You can let your child use crayons, pencils to draw on paper, or let him get along just fine with his action figures.
- Better still prepare a surprise for your child! This will keep him grooved and excited. The moment you get seated, let him open the bag to discover his toys there. This is a positive reinforcement that will keep your kid in his best behavior. But if he does not listen to you, you can withhold his gifts from him. He will soon learn to behave.
- If you want quick serves, it is better to opt for McDonald’s. They also have cool toys with the meal packs.
- Watch out so that your kid does not draw on the tablecloth with the crayons. And that he does not choke after putting bits of action figures into his mouth.
- In case your kid does not like the food at the restaurant, you can bring some homemade meal for him to make him happy.
It is tough and an exhausting experience to handle your kids, especially in a public place. There are so many risks of injuries, embarrassment and bruised egos. But if you follow these tips to the boots, you will be better off!
Kelly Boudrea, author of this article, also has a restaurant solution firm. Check them out: http://RestAcct.net